Capsicum is a type of vegetable which is different from normal chili. It is mildly sweet in food, so some people also know it by the name of sweet pepper or bell pepper. If you also like capsicum in food, then today we will tell you about how to grow capsicum at home organically. Capsicum is beneficial for our health in many ways, it is rich in vitamins A, C and E. The benefits of capsicum are for serious problems like digestive problems, back pain, skin health, stomach ulcers, heart disease and diabetes. If you want to avoid these problems, you can use capsicum.
But for all these types of benefits, you should consume organically grown fresh capsicum. In today’s article, we will tell you about how to grow capsicum at home, let’s know it in detail.
Information about capsicum
- Common name: Capsicum
- Botanical name: Capsicum annuum
- Other names: Sweet pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika
- Indian name: Capsicum (Hindi)
- Vegetable Type: Fruit Vegetable
- Varieties: Green, red, yellow, purple, orange, white
How to Plant Capsicum Plants in Home Garden
- First of all, to get the plants out of the small pot, wet the soil thoroughly by giving water in the pot.
- Then carefully remove the plant from the soil so that its roots are not broken.
- After this, make a pit in the soil of the pot or grow bag and plant its plants.
- Now water the capsicum plant and keep its pot in the sun.
- When the soil of the grow bag becomes dry, give water and organic fertilizers from time to time.
- After 60 to 65 days of planting capsicum plants, you will start harvesting green chillies.
Tips For Growing Capsicum In Terrace Garden
To plant capsicum in a pot at your home and get more fruits from it, you should keep the following things in mind.
Capsicum plant needs less water and more sunlight.
The capsicum plant should be given less water.
Keep its plant in a sunny place and give morning and evening sunlight for at least 3-4 hours.
Do not overwater the plant, it will cause all the flowers to fall from the capsicum plant and will not bear fruits.
Take good care of capsicum, water it when the soil is dry and keep on giving organic fertilizers from time to time.
Diseases and treatment of capsicum plant
Capsicum is easily infected by pests and diseases. Most insects can be removed either manually or sprayed with a mixture of detergent and water. If your plants begin to wilt and die suddenly, even after getting enough sun and water, it is likely that your plants have been infected with a wilt disease. These diseases remain in the soil for a long time. To avoid this, you should use that soil for your capsicum, in which no capsicum has been grown for a long time. The main pests that attack capsicum are aphids and whitefly. These tiny insects can cause big problems for your capsicum. They usually suck the sap from the leaves of the plant.
These can be avoided by spraying soapy water on the plants. Once the seedlings are strong, you can cover them with a thin layer of neem oil which acts as an organic insecticide. Leaf curl disease can also be reduced by this remedy which is more common in capsicum. You can save the plant from diseases to some extent even by giving organic fertilizer by changing it.
In this article, we have given information about proper planting, care and harvesting of capsicum. You can easily grow capsicum in your terrace garden or home garden by following the above steps and get fresh capsicum.