FULL FORM OF PNG
The full form of PNG is “Portable Network Graphics” and it is called “Ping” in common language. This is a file format for image compression, the extension of PNG files is png.
What does PNG mean?
When an image file is saved in Portable Network Graphic (PNG), this process is called PNG file. PNG files also use lossless compression technology like GIF files and are mainly used to store graphical web images.
Apart from this, PNG images are transparent. Therefore, it is mostly used in places with background, which has the advantage of not hiding the background. Rather, most of the icons are in PNG format and their size is also less than other image formats.
Benefits of Portable Network Graphics (PNG) image format:
- Lossless Compression: PNG file format provides minimal compression loss, the quality of an image is not changed at any compression ratio.
- Perfect for Editing Images: PNG Image Format is suitable for editing an image and storing intermediate versions of the image, because even if you save the image again, its quality remains the same.
- Supports a Large Number of Colors: PNG image format supports a large number of colors. Such as, PNG-8 (256 colors) and PNG-24 (about 16.7 million colors).
- Support for Transparency: It works to provide various options for Transparency. A PNG image has 256 options for opacity, ranging from completely opaque to completely transparent.
- It is very easy to work with layers in PNG format.
- Sharp edges and solid colors – ideal for images containing text, line art and graphics.
We have given you excellent information regarding PNG, a file format used in computers and mobiles. In today’s post we learned what PNG is. PNG Full Form | Full form of PNG PNG Meaning | Features of PNG format Benefits of PNG, etc.
Read Also: Best SEO Tool